The Greece Regional Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with M&T Bank, celebrated the outstanding contributions of individuals and organizations at the 35th Annual Community Awards. This prestigious event, chaired by Greece Chamber Board Chair, Eugene Welch, Esq., was a night of recognition and gratitude.
Here are the honorees:
- Business Persons of the Year: Dr. Katherine Lammers, Dr. Earlando Thomas, Dr. Afreen Tariq-Fazili, Dr. Tamar Hunse, Greece Obstetrics & Gynecology LLP.
- Girlie Goodwin Citizen of the Year: Mary Jo Gugino Colligan, Angels of Mercy, Inc.
- William E. Selke Senior Citizen of the Year: Carmela Gallinat, Northwest AARP, Chapter 3498.
- Building Award – New Construction: Cornerstone Surgery Center.
- Building Award – Renovation: LiDestri Foods, Inc, a project completed by Conductor Construction.
- Health Award: Cornerstone Eye Associates.
- Thomas E. Schommer Spirit of the Chamber Award: Amy Peritsky, Greece Ecumenical Food Shelf.
These remarkable individuals and organizations have left an indelible mark on the Greece community, and their dedication and hard work have been duly recognized.
Greece Regional Chamber President and CEO, Sarah Lentini, expressed her delight at collaborating with M&T Bank to honor these exceptional awardees. She encouraged the community to join the event, an excellent opportunity to celebrate the best and brightest citizens and businesses that enriched the region.
The Community Awards, an annual tradition, acknowledged those who made significant contributions through their business and volunteer activities. Nominations from the community were thoughtfully reviewed by the Chamber’s Community Award Selection Committee, led by Chamber Board President Eugene Welch, Esq., of Tully Rinckey PLLC.